Wednesday, November 4, 2009

4D Ultrasound

Scott & I had our 4D ultrasound done yesterday. I was so amazed at how clear everything was. The ultrasound tech said that he looks great and that everything is functioning properly. We asked how much he weighs and she let us know that he definitely hasn't missed a meal. He is 3 lbs 9 oz. putting him at the 69th percentile for weight. He should be around 2 1/2 lbs at this point. I was shocked.... I mean, this boy has to come out of me soon! We also found out that he is breech. Meaning his butt is down instead of his head. He is frank breech to be exact.





"This means that your baby is buttocks first and his legs are extended towards his head. Babies that are born via cesarean who have been in a frank breech position may still keep their legs straight for a while."

I couldn't believe what I heard.... Breech! It had never even crossed my mind. He has always been up really high but I never thought that it was his head I kept touching, not his butt. They said that he does have time to turn but that only about 15% of babies are breech at this point. I sure hope he turns on his own.... I have already been reading about exercises to do to help turn him. My mom let me know that she was breech and the doctors physically went in and turned her. Um... That doesn't sound to fun to me. I go to my actual doctors appt on Tuesday for my 30 week check up. I hope that they let me know all the specs of this situation. I didn't sleep very well last night b/c I am worried about them taking him early or something going wrong. I am trying to keep positive. I have heard from many people that their babies were breech for awhile but ended up turning.

Here are the pictures from the 4d....











No comments:

Post a Comment