Thursday, November 19, 2009

2 months to go!

Today marks our 2 month countdown. Wow, 61 days until my due date.... Tyler has no idea how much I love him already and I can't wait to see his little chubby face. I can't wait to wake up for feedings and change diapers and get spit up on. This is a moment that I have dreamt about. I find myself standing in his nursery just picturing him sleeping in his crib or playing with the dogs. I can't wait to be his mother and I can't wait for Scott to be his father. Scott is going to be an incredible dad. I see the way he is with Drake and my nephews. He is very patient with them, which I sometimes am not. That being said, I can't wait to learn from Scott and he from I. I know we are going to be great parents and there will be times that we don't know what to do, but will try to do what's best for Tyler. We are going to learn from everything.

This past week has been kind of busy. Sunday, my mom threw me a shower for her side of the family. It was at the country club and it was gorgeous. We ordered red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing... YUM! Then had a really girly sit down lunch with soup, chicken salad, pasta salad, fresh fruit and muffins. Everything was perfect. We didn't really play any games b/c I wanted to be able to talk to everyone and mingle. Tyler got so many amazing gifts. This is one spoiled boy. Just about everything is gone from our registry and we still have 1 more shower. We might have to buy a bigger house to fit everything in.



I also had my first class at the hospital. I took a basics of breastfeeding class and I must say that I learned a whole lot in 1 hour. I am going to another breastfeeding class tonight on going back to work and pumping and that whole deal. I have scheduled Scott & I to go to 3 classes. The first is how to care for the baby, the second is signs, stages & phases of labor and the third is a pet safety class. I would also like to take both cars up to the JTown police department to check the carseat. I want to be as prepared for all of this as I can. And plus all these classes are free at the hospital so I might as well take advantage of them.

How far along: 31 weeks


Total weight gain/loss: I am guessing a total of 30 lbs.


Maternity clothes: I am getting sick of them… I just want my normal clothes back

Stretch marks: None

Sleep: Better, but my hips are really hurting me

Best moment last week: Dahl family shower

Movement: He is not hitting me as much, just stretching

Food cravings: Mexican again

Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: None, just a lot of Braxton Hicks

Belly Button in or out: out

What I miss: feeling pretty… I am miserable

What I am looking forward to: going to the tanning bed!

Milestones: I am finally down to the single digits of my weekly countdown

No comments:

Post a Comment