Wednesday, August 26, 2009

19 weeks

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.



How far along: 19 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 8 lbs. gain
Maternity clothes: That's all I can wear now. I am all belly though.
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Like a baby
Best moment : Our ultrasound
Movement: I feel him more & more everyday
Food cravings: Spicy foods...
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button in or out: In but coming out
What I miss: Wearing normal cute VS underwear... I wear all maternity underwear.
What I am looking forward to: Picking out a name
Milestones: Finding out we are having a boy

No comments:

Post a Comment